You know how chiropractic can help you, but what about your pets?View Article
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
1. There are 30-40 billion white blood cells (WBCs) circulating on any given day; these blood cells only live for a couple days and are then replaced.
2. One drop of blood (1/25th of an inch) contains 5-million red blood cells (RBCs), 7,000 WBCs and thousands of platelets.
3. RBCs live approximately 120 days and make 300,000 trips through the blood stream; that's almost 2-trips per minute.
4. 3-million RBCs are made per minute.
5. The heart weighs less than one pound and yet beats approximately 40-million times per year.
6. The heart pumps 2.5 gallons per minute or 1,314,000 gallons per year.
7. The energy output of the heartbeat in a 24-hour period alone is enough to raise three fully-loaded Greyhound buses off the ground.
8. If stretched out, the arteries and veins in your body would cover 12,000 miles.
9. The lungs use about 90-gallons of pure oxygen per day.
10. Because of the alveoli (tiny projections in the lungs), the surface area of the lungs is approximately 40-60 square miles.
11. We take approximately 9-million breaths per year.
12. Our lungs pump approximately 2-gallons of air per minute while at rest and approximately 26-gallons of air per minute while exercising.
13. There are more than 600 muscles in your body. To press a barbell over your head takes 200 of them - 31 in your face alone.
14. Nerves transmit their signals at 300 mph.
15. Stomach acid (hydrochloric acid) is so strong, that one drop of it on the skin will leave a painful blister, but the stomach is left unharmed.
16. The stomach produces 2.5-quarts of acid per day.
17. Over the course of a 70-year life span, the stomach will have produced 60,000 quarts of acid to help digest 40-tons of food.
18. All of these and every other action and reaction in your body are controlled by the innate/inborn intelligence within. This intelligence uses the nerve system to transmit messages to and from the body to maintain the body in an organized state 24/7/365.